Sunday, June 28, 2009

Voice

Among other things, I've been following the twitter feed for the Iran election protests, and was inspired last Saturday to draw this up. It is in honor of the young woman, Neda, who was shot in the street and killed during the chaos in Tehran. If you're like, "What's with the birds?"--they're Twitter birds. When I get some free time I'll paint it.



Rest in peace, Neda. Presently in Iran things seem to have settled down, and the government-run newsfeeds have been broadcasting the arrested protesters reading "confessions" that the protests were entirely a foreign plot.

In the meantime, I'm wholed up with 3 illustration jobs (totalling some 20 illustrations) and the prep work for my art class that starts next week. I feel so stagnant right now, with all this work and nothing getting done very quickly. So, for now, please suffer through these half-finished works.

1 comment:

  1. This doesn't look half-finished at all, Rebecca. In fact, I want to tell you not to paint it, because the coloured lines by themselves are beautiful and I don't think it needs anything else. I'm glad you drew this. I've been following what's going on in Iran too and it breaks me heart. : <

    Also, congrats on landing the illustration jobs!

    ReplyDelete