I'm just posting for progress, This is what I have done with my re-concepted furnace/boiler/generator... in my earlier "concept" I did wasn't sufficient... let alone interesting enough to follow through with... I really just rushed to build the thing without thinking too much about it... so I put a lot of research into it and now it's supposed to be a scavenged steam-engine modified to generate electricity.... A lot of the bits and pieces are missing (a lot of the parts that actually make it a 2-way valve system for instance) but this is the over-all look of the thing, all I need to do is add some magnets around the generator and all of the smaller parts of the 2-way valve system ... ya that's a long description... This isn't the whole scene because I haven't worked on the other parts recently, this is just for the engine.
This blog was created in the hopes of fostering discussion and encouraging summer work. My hope is that if we all contribute and critique on a regular basis we can learn more together and be more productive over the summer than we would alone. -Kat